In general, AOK-OT is a complex of technical, information and software tools designed for the following functions:
- testing, training, self-checking, certification and examinations;
- development of available electronic training courses and creation of new one on the subject of labour safety and other informational materials;
- creation of training reports, archive management, collection, processing and presentation of statistics about the training sessions (studies);
- information support of lectures, reports, meetings and presentations;
- information-reference service.
AOK-OT is installed inside of labour safety rail cars and stationary labour safety classrooms at various complete sets. Thus, there is a remote personnel training for line structural departments, if the last one have a communication channel with necessary capacity.
The system (AOK-OT) includes automated workplaces for teacher, students, administrator- methodologist, training courses developer (author), as well as a set of technical training tools, which may include: videocamera, digital camera, multimedia projector, TV, video recorder, DVD-player and visual aids.
The technical basis of the complex AOK-OT is a local computer network, which consist of the workstations for students and server, which simultaneously can performing the functions of workplace for the teacher or administrator, or userauthor of electronic training course.
The server has the ability to connect with a wide range of standard devices (printer, scanner, digital camera, etc.)
The information tools of the AOK-OT are a set of four kinds of databases:
- databases of electronic training courses;
- databases of information materials and normative materials with branch and state importance;
- automated database of electronic copies of posters, designed for use as illustrations during lectures;
- training video films library.
The quantitative composition of the databases may be different and depends on the amount of educational (training) material and ease of use, for example, by the structural subdivisions of the organization. In particular, for the “labour safety” subject area (in this case, AOK is called AOK OT) has 14 databases of training material, including more than 150 electronic training courses.
As mentioned above, the basis of the software complex of AOK-OT is a certified software complex ISTOK-MASTER (Certificate of conformity No.ROSI.1013.2.643. S0104.2), Reg. No. 2005610924 in the Federal Service for Intellectual Property, Patents and Trade marks. There are MS Office standard tools in AOK-OT besides the software complex ISTOK-MASTER.